Tonight is one of those everything is happening on the same night, nights. My oldest has an orchestra concert, middle son indoor soccer game, me I’m going to a fundraising event, and Kenny is working! Ok you go with Grandma and Grandpa, you go with friends to game, I will go to event by myself, and girls well you stay home and take notes on American Idol! What to eat what to feed my family quick, quick…..
- 1 large skillet pan
- 2 pounds ground beef I use 90% lean ground beef
- 1 tsp Mortons natures season salt
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can tomato soup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground mustard 1 tbsp yellow mustard if you dont have dried mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Brown meat and onions in skillet together, season with natures season salt (or any season salt you prefer) and celery seed.
- Add in remaining ingredients once meat is browned, stir to combine allow to get bubbly, turn heat down and cover, cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until thick.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
Top with cheese if you like, we are having potato chips with our meal tonight. Fancy! I know! Hang on to your hats.
To be honest my kids groan at this meal, but they eat it, cause I make them. “It’s this or you starve people!” Once they dig in there is really no complaints so go figure!?
Have a good night,