Hawaiian Grilled Chicken Sandwich
recipe makes 6 sandwiches
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in half
salt and pepper
6 slices canned Pineapple, grilled
1 medium Red Onion, sliced thin
6 slices Provolone Cheese
6 slices cooked Bacon, cut in half
6 Ciabatta Buns, sliced and toasted
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon wasabi paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1. Mix together Wasabi Mayo ingredients cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use on sandwiches.
2. Cut each chicken breast in half, place in a heavy duty zip-loc bag and pound until they are even thickness, about 1/2 inch thick. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken on medium-high grill for 10-14 minutes flipping once. Before removing from grill place 2 pieces of bacon on top of each piece of chicken cover with slice of cheese and allow cheese to melt, remove from grill
3. Open can of Pineapple, drain, drizzle lightly with olive oil. Place on hot grill with chicken, grill for 10 minutes flipping once.
4. Cut ciabatta buns in half, place under broiler for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
5. Sandwich Assembly: Place chicken with bacon and melted cheese on bottom half of toasted bun, add grilled pineapple, and a slice of red onion, spread the inside of the top bun with wasabi mayo and top sandwich.
Note: Wasabi paste can be found in the Asian section of most any grocery store. If you cannot find it finely ground horseradish can be substituted. Chicken must be cooked to an internal temperature of 170 degrees for boneless products and 180 degrees for bone in chicken products.
For more delicious recipes visit PickTysonFresh.com.
What are some of the tricks you use to bring your family around the table at meal time? Tell me in the comments and you will be entered to win a gift basket full of kitchen goodies!
Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 8/27 – 10/26. Be sure to visit the Tyson Fresh Chicken brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Disclaimer: I was compensated by Tyson Foods to write the content for this post. As you know, gathering families around the table is one of my greatest joys, so it will come as no surprise to you that all the thoughts are 100% my own!
*Minimally processed, no artificial ingredients.
**Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken.