This banana snack cake is the perfect solutions to your excess of ripe bananas issue! And if you don’t this problem well then get some bananas and forget about them, because you need this cake in your life!
This recipe is compliments of one of my oldest daughters BFF’s. It’s in our school cookbook. It is so good it literally disappears at our house! I think the secret is the sour cream. I’m telling you sour cream and cream cheese make the world go around!
Disappearing Banana Cake
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or mini semi sweet chocolate chips optional
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well. Add vanilla, and sour cream.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; combine with the butter mixture.
- In a small bowl smash bananas, add to batter, combine well.
- Fold in the nuts or chips if you like. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes (for a 9x13 cake pan) or until a tooth pick comes out clean. If baking in a loaf pan extend baking time to 50 minutes.