I have a versatile White Bread recipe, for bread machines, that I want to share with you and in the process share a few tips that I have found helpful in perfecting a excellent loaf or dough from a bread machine.
Well then of course you need to butter them on the inside too. Actually these rolls are so good, you could leave the butter step out, but why? I will not disclose how many dinner rolls were eaten in the making of this post. It’s a dastardly number.
Dinner Rolls – bread machine recipe
makes 12-16 rolls
1 cup lukewarm Water
2 tablespoons softened Butter
1/4 cup Sugar
3 1/4 cup Bread Flour
3 teaspoons Yeast
1 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Butter to brush over rolls after baking.
Important that you follow order of directions for the best results.
1. Add lukewarm water, softened butter, and egg to pan.
2. Next add sugar to pan.
3. Add bread flour to pan and make a well in the middle add yeast to the well.
4. Sprinkle salt around the edges of the pan away from the middle where the yeast is.
5. Set bread machine on dough setting. 10 minutes into the first kneading process take a peak into the pan, if there are dry ingredients sticking to the corners add a tablespoon or two of extra water and help ingredients out of the corner with a spatula.
6. When dough is done separate into 16 pieces, pull pieces into balls with smooth at top, place on a lightly greased baking sheet, cover with light cloth, and let rise for 30 minutes in a warm area of your kitchen. Or if you have a proof setting on your oven use that.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. After proofing time is done, place rolls in oven for 12-15 minutes, remove from oven and brush with butter.
Note: If you want to make this recipe into a loaf of white bread set your machine on the 2 pound white bread setting.