This cheesy hash brown breakfast casserole is so good. So dern good. Too dern good. It’s good. Did I mention how good this casserole is? Oh oops I see that I did. You might want to make a plan to make this soon. Real soon.
We had an argument…..yes it’s true we argue at the table, almost every time we sit down, we argue. Cue the argument. Yeh, our meal times are anything but peaceful. Anywho, I was saying we had a little discussion about the cheesy breakfast casserole; some said this is just cheesy potatoes! Why are you calling it cheesy potato breakfast casserole? Insinuating that I am a liar liar pants on fire, they were. But honestly this is a different recipe. If I were to make my cheesy taters and this casserole and put them side by side, my children would see that they are horribly mistaken. This one reminds me of Cracker Barrels breakfast potatoes, have you had them? OOOdoggie they’re thumbs up!
It’s really so easy, and the fact that you can make it ahead of time if you want, makes it even more perfect. The hardest thing is chopping up the onion, real fine. Piling cheese. Easy. And the melting butter part is my favorite.
Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 1 9x13 baking dish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 30 ounce bag frozen hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 8 tbsp butter melted
preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow hash browns to thaw just enough so there are no lumps or big frozen chunks, they can still be partially frozen.
- Combine hash browns, cheeses, onion, and soup.
- Melt butter and pour over hash brown mixture, mix together making sure all ingredients are incorporated well.
- Spread into a (ungreased) 9×13 baking dish and bake for 1 hour, possibly longer you want potatoes to get browned and crunchy around the edges.
Disclaimer: I am proud to be an ambassador for the United Dairy Industry of Michigan. Thank you for helping support Eat2gather by supporting your local dairy farmers!