Right now I am some where over Minnesota flying to San Francisco. I planned on finishing up my post for my mom’s Amazing Apple Spice Cake, but like the numb skull that I am, I forgot to load all the pictures, of the cake, from my home computer into the post. Just posting it with out all the pictures wouldn’t do this cake the justice that it deserves. Since I have rotting bananas on my counter at home that I should have made muffins out of before I left. Which I am having mom guilt over not making them, because my son asked me to make muffins and I didn’t have time to, or should I say I chose to go to bed instead up staying up and baking….now I am wishing I would have stayed up, because I didn’t get that much sleep anyway…serves me right…denying my kid muffins and all. So I’ll share my Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin recipe with you sans pictures. Maybe you can make your kiddos some muffins and that will help my guilty conscience.
These muffins are very similar to my Banana Cake recipe, except I use mascarpone cheese in them. Did I hear a Hoop and a Hollar for the mascarpone? I like saying it, “mascarpone, mascarpone, mascarpone”. I have amore’ for mascarpone’….sorry..it’s the altitude.
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
1 stick butter softened
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup mashed banana (approx. 2 bananas)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Blend, butter, mascarpone cheese, and sugar together, scraping down sides of bowl.
2. Add eggs and blend well, scrape down sides of bowl, add vanilla and mix again.
3. Measure out flour add, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to flour. Mix dry ingredients with the butter/cheese mixture.
4. Add milk and banana’s mix well, again remember to scrape down sides of mixing bowl
NOTE: Yes I am a freak about taking the time to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl during the mixing process of baking. It is necessary. It is important. Your baking and your reputation depend on it! So refrain from getting irritated with me always reminding you, in my instructions, to scrape, scrape, scrape down the sides of your bowl. I love you and I care about the outcome of your muffins.
5. Now you can fold in your mini chocolate chips with a spatula, you can use regular chips, but I prefer the way the mini chips add chocolate throughout, with out taking away from the texture of the muffin. Go ahead add more if you like.
6. Prepare your muffins tins with either muffin cups or you can spray them with non stick cooking spray. Fill tins 2/3 full with batter bake 18-20 minutes. Makes 12-14 muffins.
These muffins are addicting you may just want to make a double batch. They freeze well too. My kiddos like them so much that after they have cooled completely, I pop them in Ziploc sandwich bags and put them in the freezer, for their lunches.
Well, my travels have been smooth so far…no bumps or major snafu’s. Now I’m going to research some good places to chow down when I arrive, I am starving! I did eat the 3 pretzels and 11 peanuts, that I was so graciously given, and washed it down with a few Motrin and a cup of water. Motrin because my glut’s are killing me to the maximus after doing that freeeeeaking Cardio Yoga yesterday morning.
Oh I wish I had a muffin…I hope you make them. Please eat 5 for me. Thanks.