I love salad! So when I heard that Tidy Mom was putting on a Salad Social I was all about getting in on the fun! Make sure you visit Tidy Moms and check out all the amazing salads that other bloggers are sharing!!
Thai Chicken Salad
Today I’m going to share my new favorite salad! I could eat this salad everyday, or at least once a week. I even pushed the limits with my kiddps recently and served it to them for dinner! Crazy…..I know!
I seperated everything out and let them make it how they wanted. My littlest just ate chicken and dipped it in the dressing, she might have snagged a couple red peppers too. My older two loved it. The middle picky child ate some of the chicken and kept his mouth shut.
A month or so ago I had a Pampered Chef party at my house and this is the salad that my PC consultant made for my guests. It was a hit. So all the credit goes to Pampered Chef for this recipe. They’re just full of amazing tips, tricks and quick and easy recipes!
Thai Chicken Salad will literally take you 15 minutes to put together from start to finish. That includes whipping together the delicios dressing.
To make the dressing take your favorite bottle of Poppy Seed Dressing add 2 cloves of minced Garlic, and 1 inch of Ginger Root minced finely. Give it a good shake, and set it aside.
Now for the really hard part. Wash a 12 ounce bag of Baby Spinach, and layer it in a salad dish, next open 1 12 ounce bag of Broccoli Slaw layer that over the spinach, slice one Red Pepper garnish the edge. If you want to get creative, add matchstick carrots, cucumber, and chopped fresh basil. Make it your own!
Next grill 3-4 Chicken Breasts with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Slice them thin.
There you have it! Finish it off with peanuts or toasted almonds for a little extra crunch. Thai Chicken Salad is simple, quick, and easy!!! And healthy! Let’s not forget that. Great for lunch or dinner. Don’t be afraid to make this your own, use what vegetables you have on hand!
Thai Chicken Salad
- 1 jar Poppy Seed Dressing any will do
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 inch Ginger Root minced
- 1 - 12 ounce bag Baby Spinach washed
- 1 - 12 ounce bag Broccoli Slaw
- 1 Red Pepper seeded, cored, sliced thin
- 4 Chicken Breasts grilled or cooked to your liking, sliced into strips or cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 cup Peanuts or Toasted Slivered Almonds
- Optional: match stick carrots, sliced cucumber, chopped basil
- Mix dressing ingredients together, set aside.
- In large bowl, or platter layer spinach, broccoli slaw, red pepper and any other vegetables you would like. Top with chicken and nuts. Toss dressing with salad and serve or serve dressing on the side.
It’s so good, you practically want to lick your plate clean!
Don’t forget to head over to Cheryl’s and see what everyone else is sharing this week for The Salad Social! Fun! Fresh! Healthy recipes!