Are you looking for a new goto recipe for all the summer potlucks in your future? Look no further this sweet and salty cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries is sure to be your new favorite!
June is National Dairy Month, what better way to honor America’s dairy farming families, who provide us with healthy, wholesome dairy foods, than to gather your friends together and have a potluck!?
As I see it there’s only one downfall to a potluck; too many choices and not enough room in my belly! So many delicious options, and inevitably by the time I get to the dessert table I’m stuffed! But I still want a little something to curb my sweet tooth! Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert is the perfect sweet tooth curber!
This Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert is the perfect potluck recipe! It will curb your sweet tooth without pushing you over the proverbial edge into a food comma. I know you know what I’m talking about. Don’t act like you don’t!
The recipe (is below and printer friendly! So you can print it off and share with friends and neighbors ;). ) makes a 9×13 pan of layered pretzel crust, easy creamy cheesecake, and fresh strawberries.
I have to admit I’m not a fan of making cheesecakes. I find them to be so fussy, and mine always crack on the top, but have no fear this one is a no fuss recipe!! I promise! AND it can be made up to two days in advance!
I can’t share this recipe without telling you that Ken isn’t a fan of cheesecake. He loves sweets but he does not care for cheesecake, EXCEPT for this one. He loves this recipe because there is just the right amount of creamy cheesecake filling sandwiched between the salty pretzel crust (which he loves) and the fresh sweet strawberry layer! So you think you’re not a cheesecake fan….well I’m here to tell you this recipe will make a believer out of you!!
Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert with Pretzel Crust
- 5 cups Pretzels
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
- 3 - 8 ounce bricks Cream Cheese
- 1 - 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 5 cups fresh Strawberries , sliced
- 1 - 3 ounce package Strawberry Jello
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor add pretzels, and brown sugar pulse a few times to break up the pretzels. Add in melted butter, pulse until pretzels are chopped up in very small pieces. About 30 seconds. ** If you don’t have a food processor a heavy-duty zip loc plastic bag and a rolling pin work as well.
- Pour pretzel crust in to a 9×13 inch baking pan, press into the bottom, bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy, gradually add sweetened condensed milk. Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after each. Add in vanilla, and continue to beat on high for another 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Pour cheesecake filling over pretzel crust, tap pan on counter to remove any air bubbles and to insure filling is evenly distributed over crust.
- How to bake cheesecake in a water bath: Place pan with cheesecake in it into a larger pan and pour hot water in larger pan until water comes about halfway up around smaller pan. Place in preheated 325 degree oven for 50 minutes. Remove and allow to cool in water bath. When completely cooled place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 cup water and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan over medium high heat bring to a boil. Mix 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with the 1/2 cup of water cold water, whisk the cornstarch mixture into the boiling sugar water. Continue to stir until mixture becomes clear and thick, like pudding. Add package of jello and cook for a minute longer. Remove from heat and allow to cool. When gelatin has cooled fold in fresh sliced strawberries.
- Spoon strawberry topping evenly over cheesecake layer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
GOTO –>> United Dairy Industry of Michigans
and Instagram for more PERECT Potluck recipes!
OH! and you need to check out UDIM’s YouTube channel with quick and cleaver how-to recipe clips!!
Disclaimer: I am proud to partner with the United Dairy Industry of Michigan to bring you delicious healthy recipes made with cow’s milk. Because of these great partnerships E2g is able to bring you and your family around the table to enjoy great food! As always all opinion and ideas are 100% my own.