The days are getting shorter and cooler but summer is not over yet! Kicking back on the deck with this fresh and zippy cocktail is the best way to make the summer last! Partly Cloudy Cocktail is my sassy take on a Dark and Stormy. Vanilla Bean infused rum with a twist of lemon will make you
want to sit back, relax, and watch the clouds roll by.
I’ve partnered with Nielsen Massey Fine Vanilla and Flavors to bring you this refreshing drink. A family owned and operated company, Nielsen-Massey has been making the finest vanilla products and flavors extracts for over 100 years! Their product line is extensive and you will surely find the perfect flavor to round out any summertime drink recipe!
Truth be told I’m not much of a bartender, but this cocktail is so easy, bar tending skills are not required. To make this cocktail you will need to infuse one pint of rum with 1 Nielsen- Massey Vanilla Bean ahead of time. The flavor of the infused rum and the ginger ale make for a surprising creamy flavor, resembling a cream soda. The splash of pure lemon extract to this drink is like the sun peeking through the clouds! So refreshing! I love using pure extracts as a way to easily infuse a punch of flavor.
I’m a huge fan of ginger beer, in fact I love all things ginger! But after testing out this drink a few different ways (this is a tough job but somebodies got to do it! LOL) I found the ginger beer to be too sweet but ginger ale was perfect! However, if you love yourself a sweet cocktail ginger beer is what you want to use here.
Partly Cloudy Cocktail
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 1 pint Rum any brand will do
- 1 Nielsen-Massey whole Vanilla Bean split down the center
- 1.5 ounces Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean infused Rum
- 1/2 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Extract
- 2 cups Ice Cubes or Shaker filled with Ice Cubes
- Ginger Ale
- Lemon Wedges for garnish
- Using a sharp knife cut vanilla bean down the center and spread open place vanilla bean inside pint of rum and allow to infuse for at least 1 week.
- Fill cocktail shaker full with ice cubes, add shots of vanilla bean rum, add lemon extract shake vigorously. Strain liquid into 8 ounce glass allowing a few ice cubes to drop in at the end. Top with ginger ale garnish with lemon wedge.
Well now, how do you like that?! Vanilla bean is not just amazing used for homemade ice cream and other baking, and Pure lemon extract has so many more uses than cakes and icing! Get creative with Nielsen-Massey Fine Vanilla and Flavors, the possibilities are endless!
There’s no time like the present GO check out all the amazing Nielsen Massey recipes on their website.
Cheers to the last days of Summer!
Disclaimer: I was compensated by Nielsen-Massey Fine Vanillas and Flavors to write this post. I only promote brands I love and use in my home. Thank you in advance for supporting the brands that make E2g possible. As always all thoughts are 100% my own!